Sunday, March 20, 2011

Hello everyone. I am sorry for not posting in a while. Things here have been a little crazy with retreat groups. In March I have 5 groups which means that I am pretty much constantly working. Working with groups has been a lot of fun. They bring tons of energy and always remind me of why I came here. A few weeks ago you all missed out on what might be my new favorite holiday, Carnival. A few days before Ash Wednesday Carnival begins, turning Ecuador in to a war zone of sorts. Throughout the four days every where I went there were people getting into water and paint fights. I think that every day I came home a different color of the rainbow. There are a lot of people that play Carnival a little bit dertier than others. Gabriel, the bread man, somehow managed tho throw such things as flour, eggs, and molasses on me.(which is not too fun to clean) Our guard, Edwardo was using this purple liquid that is designed to dye clothing. Because of this, Brendan´s glasses are now permanantly tinted purple and Jessie still can´t get it out of her hair.
In other news, the family that sells chickens will soon be teaching us how to prepare a chicken. So I will be learning how to kill, gut, and feather a bird. I will try to get some video or photos for everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment